Ingredients x 1 portion
1 mashed potato
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
5 teaspoons of 00 flour (or plain flour)
1 teaspoon of egg yolk
- Crush the boiled potatoes on a plate, creating a smooth potato base;
- Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons of grated Parmesan;
- Now, gently fold in 5 teaspoons of flour and 1 teaspoon of egg yolk;
- Begin compacting the mixture using a fork;
- Continue to combine the ingredients with your hands applying gentle pressure with your fingers. The dough should be soft but not overly sticky. If needed, incorporate a bit more flour.
- Shape the dough into a fat sausage-like roll and dust it generously with flour.
- Move the dough from the plate to a floured cutting board;
- Slice the dough roll into 4 equal parts;
- Take one piece at a time and knead it in your hands, adding flour if it gets too sticky.
- Once you achieve the perfect consistency, roll each piece with your palms/fingers to form long, smooth “sausages”, ensuring there are no cracks – a sign that the flour hasn’t fully integrated. If you find any, just press and combine again until smooth.
- Trim any excess dough from the ends, refining their shape.
- Now cut them into small equal parts to form your gnocchi that you can perfect using your fingers;
- Give the gnocchi a light dusting of flour and gently toss them around.
Your delectable gnocchi is now ready to be cooked to perfection. Serve them with your favorite sauce (we love tomato sauce or pesto) or simply toss them in butter and sage for a taste that will transport you straight to Italy. Buon appetito!